Tuesday 20 August 2013

No posts on Saturday gone. Lets just say I made a stupid mistake with the car, and I was at my dads over the weekend fixing it. The car is now working and I can get out of the house again.

I do have a little update on a WIP though. Thought I would start with this, my crocheted Small Talk shawl.
It is a free pattern download from Rav.

The original pattern calls for a light fingering/3ply yarn with a 4mm hook, but I had 2 balls of a really nice green/emerald crochet cotton, so decided to use that with a 3.25mm hook, but it's a Boye hook and it actually ends up being about a 3mm hook.

Have decided to just continue until I run out of thread, but the problem is, I have <del>lost</del> misplaced the 2nd ball of cotton. I am almost finished my first, so it has gone into hibernation until I can recover the 2nd ball. A bit of a shame, but I never intended for it to be a quick project. I knew it would be a long haul, so I am suprisingly ok with not knowing where it is.


But here is where I am up to. My leaf count is 7 in each section. With the second ball I estimate at least 10 leaves. I don't think I will do the border the pattern calls for. Not that it isn't nice, I just don't like fringey things.



0 comments:

Post a Comment