Tuesday 23 July 2013

I was gifted this pattern as a RAK by a wonderful Raveler. I have loved this hat for a long time, and was so glad I had a chance to make it. Chouette can be found here on Rav.

It is a simple to follow chart, and this was my first attempt to cable an owl. I love how the addition of button eyes just makes the owl pop.

The yarn I got from The Sallies, the buttons were 69c each from Spotlight. (I got a few for other owlie things).

Made it in less than a day, and blocked it over a square plate, which broke when I dropped it on the vacuum. Shame, I love those plates.

Incredibly quick, and done with a magic loop.

If I make this again, I will add more starting and finishing rows, and perhaps rib the brim, instead of the rolled edge.. but I do love it. DS loves it too and its his second choice of daycare hat (after Pythagorean Toddler).

What have you made with owls?






0 comments:

Post a Comment